Gill Opticians is dedicated to looking after your eye health. It is with this core belief that we associate with Maui Jim as our number one choice of sunglasses. We have a stock of 90 frames to select from. Maui Jim originates from the incredibly bright and colourful island of Hawaii. Founded by Bill Capps in 1988 due to the lack of enhancing filtered sunglasses. Bill looked through his sports sunglasses and wished that he could see the beauty of the landscape surrounding him without glare while still being able to view the incredible colours of the island. It was with this desire that he went about manufacturing a pair of sunglasses with no compromise on style, function, protection or light limitations.
Maui Jim Facts
- Maui Jim are one of two sunglasses brands to be awarded The Seal of Recommendation from The Skin Cancer Foundation. 5-10% of all skin cancers occur around the eye. The orbital area is the most common area on the body for melanoma to occur.
- Maui Jim lenses eliminate 100% of all harmful UV rays.
- Maui Jim lenses are created to the highest standards and provide clarity for all daytime lights. These lenses eliminate 99.9% of discomfort glare.
- Maui Jim lenses reduce the amount of (HEV) High Energy Visible Radiation penetrating the eye. This light frequency has been linked to AMD Macular Degeneration.
- Maui Jim prescription lenses are available in 95% of the range of frames but are prescription limited.
- Every Maui Jim lens is polarised, meaning no more vertical glare from roads, sea, car bonnets or from the sun.
- Natural Grey, HCL Bronze, Maui Rose, Maui HT, Maui Sunrise Mirror and Blue Hawaii mirror make up the available polarised lens options in both non-prescription and prescription sunglasses. Gill Opticians is dedicated to looking after your eye health. It is with this core belief that we associate with Maui Jim as our number one choice of sunglasses.
- Maui Jim originates from the incredibly bright and colourful island of Hawaii. Founded by Bill Capps in 1988.